Lease Puchase is hire purchase with a balloon and offers lower monthly payments than normal hire purchase. Instead, at the end of the agreement, you can make a final lump sum payment (or 'balloon') to own your car.
It's fixed rate finance - but with a lower fixed monthly outlay since you defer repayment of some of the borrowing. At the end of the agreement options include car purchase, refinance, part exchange or resale.
The deposit you pay is flexible - typically between 10-50% of the vehicle cost. The deferred balloon element is calculated on the estimated future resale value of the car. The difference, plus fixed interest, is repaid in equal instalments over an agreed period (12-60 months), plus a final balloon payment.
Why consider Lease Purchase?
- Low deposit - keeps valuable personal or business cash available
- Lower fixed monthly payment - makes budgeting simple
- A better car - lower payments can help you choose a higher specification car
- Flexibility - does not compromise your other lines of credit
- Assets - you gain vehicle ownership
- Tax benefits - Tax allowances for business users
- VAT free - no VAT on payments
Back to Which Finance?